The Bowhunter Chronicles Podcast – Episode 204 – How Does Deer Mineral Work? – Dave Wheeler – Lucky Buck
This week Adam sits down with the creator of Lucky Buck, Dave Wheeler to talk about the ins and outs of deer mineral. Dave talks about his history as a farmer and background in nutrition for cattle and how he applied that science to health of the whitetail deer and how antler growth was an unexpected side effect.
- What deer need and when
- The largest recorded 8 point whitetail
- Antler growth as a by product
- Salt and the whitetail deer
- Nurtrition vs genetics in antler growth
- Bringing a new product to market
- Lack of hunting experience
- Legality of selling mineral for deer in banned states
- Outlook on baiting ban in Michigan
https://www.spartanforge.ai – save 25% with code bowhunter
If you like what we are doing and want to see more, please consider checking out our Patreon account. Any funds generated through our Patreon account are funneled right back into the podcast to help fund equipment, hosting fees and gear for reviews and giveaways and as always future hunts.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices